|Minutes of Meeting of Fairwarp Community Society held on 6 December 2014|
|Attendees||Russell Davison, Alan Foskett, Jeremy Hill, Jan Holford, Jan Kemsley, Caroline Shaw|
|Apologies||Lorne Duncan, Penny Handley, Louise Kentish, Lolita Reeves, David Ridley|
|Date:||6 December 2014|
- Minutes and Matters Arising
The minutes from 6th October meeting were signed as being a correct record.
- Membership/ Subscription Renewals/Concessions
PH (via email)– Membership stands at 207.
FCS is now approx £4,900 in credit, this includes £470 grant from Keir money which is earmarked for new signage for QEII Field – RD still getting final quotes. Quiz Night profit – £338.89
JK – money also been allocated to (figures approximate) –
Information Pack £230
Top of for cost of QEII Sign £180
Stationery/Admin Costs £100
QEII Building Regs £500
Grit Bin £300
Football Kit £420
*Donation to the fabric of Christ Church £500
Xmas Tree & new Lights £67
Cost of children’s Xmas Party & New Year Social £200
This would still leave approx £2250 in funds
* To honour our previous commitment the committee decided to donate £500 to a specific project at Christ Church for the maintenance of the fabric of the church – JK to contact Father Paul, Alan Hooper & Anne Duncan for ideas on how the money would be spent.
LK not present to report on progress.
- QEII Field
RD –After the first rains the new drainage works really well. The football team looked really good in their new kit and beat the previously unbeaten opposition!
- 15th November Quiz Night – great success – profit of £338 – short on manpower on the night. £546 raised from the raffle for the DEC Ebola Appeal – Gift Aid still to be added to this amount. JH has offered to be Quiz Master & lead the event next year.
- 6th December Christmas Tree on the Green – Up & shining bright. RD had to buy 3 new sets of lights and another set has now also failed. Once again a bit short on helping hands.
- 14th December FCS Xmas Children’s Party – CS 24 children booked, Sarah Ridley-Smith now no longer able to help. JK to help. JH & Paul Dean helping with food & getting paper plates
- 18th December Carols in The Foresters Arms in aid of QEII Field/Church Choir
- 25th January FCS New Year Social – PH to lead. Ad in the Echo. JK to put poster on notice boards when there is room!
Grit Bin for A22 end of Old Forge Lane – PH has contacted ESCC and awaits a form to complete.
Hon Sec Role – only 3 forms returned. Do need to recruit a new local person to provide admin support. RD to write article for February Echo.
Next meeting date in February tbc