QE2-Fairwarp Football Club
FFC was founded in 1923. Although originally playing in the East Hoathley League, after the war they became part of the Lewes District League before finally transferring into the Mid-Sussex League in 1957 where it still plays its football today.
In that first season FFC won the Mowatt Cup – great achievement for a small village club and something for the club to build on in the coming years.
By the ‘60’s, FFC was a force to be reckoned with in local amateur football and was one of the teams that everyone else dreaded being drawn against. Home matches at what is now known as the QEII Field, were an almost guaranteed win for the home side – such was their skill and the fear they engendered in their opponents.
The Fairwarp 1st XI went on to win nearly every trophy available, becoming one of the most successful sides in the league. The Fairwarp 2nd XI started life during the FFC ‘Golden’ years of the mid 70s and, as with any small village club, it has played the role of training and bringing on youngsters to graduate to the 1st team.
The 1st XI is currently playing in Division 6 and the 2nd XI is currently playing in Division 10 of the Mid Sussex League. Both teams also enter two Sussex FA cup competitions every year.
1st XI Colours – Dark Blue Shirts, Dark Blue Shorts and Dark Blue Socks
2nd XI Colours – Orange Shirts, Orange Shorts and Orange Socks