|Minutes of Meeting of Fairwarp Community Society held on 2nd February 2015|
|Attendees||Russell Davison, Lorne Duncan, Penny Handley, Jan Holford, Jan Kemsley, Louise Kentish, Lolita, Reeves, Caroline Shaw|
|Apologies||Alan Foskett, Jeremy Hill, David Ridley|
|Date:||2 February 2015|
- Minutes and Matters Arising
The minutes from 6th December meeting were signed as being a correct record.
- Membership/ Subscription Renewals/Concessions
PH – Membership stands at 216 – probably our best ever.
FCS is now £4,464.66 in credit, this includes £470 grant from Keir money which is earmarked for new signage for QEII Field – RD still renegotiating price increase.
£500 donation given to newly formed Friends of Christ Church which has been formed to preserve the church and churchyard for the future. LD Thanked the committee. Hopefully a wider selection of events will be held in the church. JK to advertise in next newsletter.
LK meeting with Tony Lowry next week to set up Photo Gallery/Advertising etc.
History Post to be revamped soon.
- QEII Field
RD –No news. Repeated that all football teams are asked to respect the village & speed limits.
LR – Council Tax will be increasing. Matched funding will be needed for any future road works e.g. traffic calming. Good community spirit with spreading grit in icy conditions. PH – Blocked drain in The Street has been reported but reminder needs to b e sent – maybe that the actual drain is broken.
JK new stiles being installed by Maresfield Volunteer Group would appear to be far too high, members to be asked for their comments.
- 14th December FCS Xmas Children’s Party – great success – well done to CS but more help with games needed next year and stress that this is for Fairwarp children or FCS members.
- 25th January FCS New Year Social – good turn out & several “thank you” messages afterwards. Costs approx £80
- 25th April Christ Church churchyard Spring Clean – RD to lead, JK to advertise
- 9th May Plant Sale for QEII Field – lead by JK & Helen Rowland. Plants/seedlings needed
- 24th June FCS AGM – see notes below re role of Hon. Sec.
- 11th July Village Fete – FCS stand
- 1st August – Cricket & Croquet Day at QEII Field
- 14th November Quiz Night – not fancy dress!!
Grit Bin for A22 end of Old Forge Lane – PH has contacted ESCC and still awaits confirmation of agreement to go ahead.
Hon Sec Role – RD wrote “job ad” for February Echo – no response so far. JK to send email to members (LK & RD to approve first). If no one comes forward by Easter then at AGM FCS will be mothballed until new sec found.
Phones/Internet/WiFi – JK recent problems highlighted how useful FCS can be in communicating with residents. LK to investigate viability of a WiFi hub possibly funded or part-funded by FCS.
Conservative Party – JK – Request from Cllr Chris Hardy (WDC) for help with finding representatives for Fairwarp & advertising for events – No, FCS to remain apolitical.
Local Business Directory – could be beneficial but residents have each year been asked if they want their businesses advertised on website or to offer concessions to members – must be sensitively done as some people like to leave work behind when they get home. To be discussed further when JHill present.
Car Vandalising – PH & JH reported instances of car tyres being let down & graffiti/notes left on cars – JK to include in newsletter.
Next meeting 16th March 7.45pm at Thatchings