Minutes of Meeting of Fairwarp Community Society held on 28 July 2014
Attendees Russell Davison, Lorne Duncan, Alan Foskett, Penny Handley, Jan Holford,  Jan Kemsley, Louise Kentish, Doug Ridley
Apologies Jeremy Hill, David Ridley, Lolita Reeves, Caroline Shaw
Date: 28 July 2014
  1. Minutes and Matters Arising

The minutes from 25th June AGM & mini-committee meeting afterwards were signed as being a correct record.

  1. Membership/ Subscription Renewals/Concessions

 PH – Membership stands at 170 if comps & concessions inc brings it to 213.  89 lapsed members to chase gently.

FCS is now approx £3,600 in credit with subs money coming in fast.

  1. Website

JK & LK meeting with Tony Lowry tomorrow re format & photos.

  1. QEII Field

 RD – Architects meeting on Thursday to discuss interior plans.

Cricket & Croquet Day on 9th August will include one minute’s silence for the late Audrey Billington who was always v supportive.

  1. MPC

WDC trying to withdraw “meals on wheels” by Apetito – not sure how many villagers would be affected.

Bus survey – JK to include in next newsletter.

AF – 130 attended meeting re proposed options for new housing in Maresfield.  Votes indicated preference for sites of smaller developments.  Exhibition in Parish Office until 16th August.

  1. Information Pack

JK has started updating & will get quote from Heather Dewhurst.

  1. Events

9th August – Cricket & Croquet Day

18 October – QEII Field Barn Dance

Tbd – Autumn Church Yard Clean Up – need 50+ so recruiting to start asap

15th November – FCS Quiz Night RD & AF away.

7th December put up Christmas Tree on the Green

14th December – Children’s Xmas Party. FVHMC have agreed to waive fee this event.

Diary Meeting for 2015 to be arranged – JK

  1. AOB

Grit Bin for Oldlands Corner – still waiting for one at A22 end of Old Forge Lane & some doubt as to placing & usage & maintenance so FCS not funding at the moment.

Hon Sec Role – new list to come

Trees – Christ Church looking to open up the churchyard inc removing yew/fir trees if Diocese agrees.  Too much clearance will cause increased traffic noise.

Fracking/Solar Power – all rules changing no meeting to be arranged yet.

Keir money – RD to provide quote for fingerpost to the church & give details of this & one for QEII Field to PH so forms can be completed.

Data Protection Act – any confidential material will have to be given to DR & LD by hand as they do not have their own email addresses.

 Next meeting date on 6th October at Russell’s, Forest Lodge